“Make a customer not a sale”.
This is the only way following which you’ll be able to keep your business afloat in 2022. Sales trends of 2022 are dependent upon enhancing customer service and offering the best to your customers. So, without wasting much time let’s find out how you can ‘sell more and serve more.’
Creativity and innovation go a long way
Perhaps one of the greatest sales trends coming forth in 2022 is creativity, thoughts, and innovation. It might sound vague right now but wait till you read everything.
The purpose of creativity and innovation is to give something new to the customers. Undoubtedly, Covid-19 had brought about vital changes in the business world and these changes are going to stay for a long-long time.
Markets are building and breaking in no time. Stocks exchange faced repercussions too. Every business faced a setback except the ones that were creative and thoughtful when it came to sales.
Now salesmen need to invest twice the amount of energy and effort in every prospect and client to keep them interested and loyal to your business. It is dangerous to depend upon the ‘possibility’ of things (that might happen) now. You need to work creatively to achieve exactly what you want. Creativity drives development. If an idea has struck you then it must come to your competitors as well. Do not give the others in the market an opportunity of moving first, when it comes to initiative it is now or never.
Organizing webinars and creating podcasts for your customers and prospects is one creative way of increasing customer retention and also keeping your customers engaged.
It might sound illogical but the best way to boost sales in 2022 is to quit attempting to sell! Gone are the days when you could push a proposal into a prospect’s face and anticipate that they should acknowledge it since it’s a deal they can’t afford to ignore. In 2022, customers are aware and tired of being treated as just money-making machines for businesses. They want to be heard, valued, and most of all buy only the products and services that add value to their lives.
How to provide value to your customers?
- You can provide quality products at affordable prices. Like MyOperator provides top-notch cloud telephony services at competitive prices keeping the limitations of small business owners in mind. . When you will be able to quality products at low cost, your business will scale according to the demand of your product.
- While selling your product one to one, on a cold call, or in a video meeting, make sure you do not dive into your pitch. Give a background to your prospect, build your reputation, and then present your pitch(which must include relevant statistics to make it convincing).
- Focus on teaching about the product and how it is helpful instead of selling.
- It is an unsaid rule to help and guide your customer through the buying process. You must have seen in malls and big stores there are salespeople suggesting to the customers what to buy and what not to as per their budget, needs, and preferences. You need to do the same with your customer. Buying a product is a journey and everyone needs help once in a while. Being there for your customers is not only your responsibility but also a necessity now.
- Every customer is different, so keep your approach personal when you interact with your customers. Do your research about the customers/prospects and then customize your pitch accordingly.
- Every single interaction you have with your probable customers should have a meaning to it. It shouldn’t be a vague or selfish interaction and questions like “so what did you decide about our proposal?” should be avoided (if possible).
Invest in social selling
If you look deeply then you will observe that ‘clear selling’ ceases to exist now. It is now the time for friendly selling or value-based selling. To sell your product, you ought to be sensitive and unintrusive. Social selling as an idea has been in a weighty pivot for a few years at this point. Earlier social selling might have been a prudent or ‘uninteresting’ idea. But in 2022 social selling is an unquestionable and required sales practice for your business to remain above water.
Instead of trying to sell the product directly to your customers, you should try to put the thought of it in their minds. Move into their heads by continuously being there for them, responding to their inquiries, and posting regular content on your website and social media platforms. So next time whenever they will be searching for a product or service your business will ring a bell.
If you have social media profiles for your business it means that you’re already selling socially. However, how you’re doing it differs from business to business. Here are some ways you can use to social sell on social media and promote your organization’s objectives and goals.
- Use influencer marketing to put your thought as a credible brand in your customer’s mind.
- Post content that will be able to engage your customers. Keep them interested through the content.
- Try to post content related to the current issues/trends. That will help you increase your brand reach as well as establish your brand image as a ‘caring brand’.
If we have learned anything from the last decade then it is the fact that things are changing and advancing at the speed of light, especially in terms of technology. Similarly, customer preferences are changing too as per the advancement of technology.
We came a long way from letters to phone calls. And the same way from seeking help from agents to self-help solutions. This brings us to the part that now to sell your products you need to offer multiple channels to connect with your customers and provide round-the-clock support.
This is also needed because customers are not connected to just one channel. If you’re available on social media for your customers then you also need to be available through calls. Or else you’ll miss out on the chunk of customers that will reach out to you through the phone.
However, staying on a phone 24*7 is practically impossible, and that’s where technology like IVR systems and self-help solutions come to use.
Salesmen need to consider this when fostering their business procedure. Various purchasers have various inclinations, and that implies they can’t anticipate that a similar methodology would work for everyone.
Set up a wide scope of various channels to serve your customers so they can pick whichever they lean toward best. You want to guarantee consistency of client experience, no matter what communication channel the customer picks.
Want to get fresh updates on sales and customer service trends and strategy? Sign up today!